Are you ready for another Retro Rubber challenge? I hope you are! This challenge is a fun sketch. Use it as is or consider flipping it for a different look. We are looking forward to seeing what you do with this challenge, but don’t forget we are asking that you use stamp images older than one year! I chose Stampin’ Up! stamp set Bells & Boughs, issued in the 2010 Holiday catalog. There are four images to the stamp set, and I used all four of them.
I love holly and poinsettias for Christmas! This particular set spoke to me in 2010 and still does. Yes, I have purchased some of the more current Stampin’ Up! images showcasing additional images of poinsettias and holly. No, I won’t get tired of any of them, LOL…
Copic alcohol markers were used for coloring all the images that were stamped onto a mini pack of Copic compatible white paper. I have discovered small images stamped on Whisper White allow too much bleeding of the alcohol inks. Large images don’t appear to have that problem. Don’t you love the stitched details to the oval panels? I could not wait to purchase the new Stitched Shapes Framelits released by Stampin’ Up! the first of this month. I fussy cut the bells.
Bells & Boughs Card Details
- Stamp Set: Bells & Boughs
- Paper: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Very Vanilla cardstocks; Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: R08, R29, E09, G82, YG93, Y21, Y26, BG09, N1, N3, C2
- Tools: Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Accessories: Baker’s Twine Trio Pack, Mini Jingle Bells
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB # 52 color inspiration challenge starts today and ends on December 2nd. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,