It’s time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge and it’s an Anything Goes challenge as long as your stamp image is at least one year old. Last week was my father’s birthday. He has a love for bird watching as well as feeding them. Of course, everyone knows if you feed the birds, you are likely to attract chipmunks and squirrels as well. No problem… Dad enjoys their antics as well. I selected my favorite stamp image of one of his favorite birds… the Cardinal. The stamp set is called “A Cardinal Christmas” and was introduced in Stampin’ Up!’s 2008 holiday catalog. Plenty of age for a retro challenge, don’t you think?
Cardinal Birthday Card Details
- Stamp Sets: A Cardinal Christmas, Touches of Texture, Thoughtful Banners, Confetti Celebration
- Papers: Island Indigo, Soft Sky, Whisper White and Very Vanilla cardstocks, Soho Subway designer series paper (vintage)
- Inks: Island Indigo, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sky
- Copics: R24, R27, R29, YG11, YG13, YG17, Y26, R21, V15, BG5
- Tools: Woodland textured impressions embossing folder, Duet Banner Punch
- Accessories: Kraft Rope Twine
So, have you been by Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to see all of the great projects provided by my designer teammates? We would love for you to join along with us this week!
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB #47 color challenge starts today and ends on September 23rd. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,