Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I will admit that this project went into a totally different direction than I originally planned when I signed up to participate with the blog hop this month. There were several cards I had in mind for various family members. But events over the past several weeks took up a great portion of my time leaving me very little time to create and craft. It has been the last five days that were the toughest. It had to do with my oldest Miniature Schnauzer Annie. Some details are given in a post released late Monday night so no need to repeat that. However, what I did realize is that I will want to thank the medical personnel who have given her so much care. So my card is a “Grateful to You” thank you card for taking care of my family member Annie.
To keep this post brief (you have so many lovely projects to hop along to…), I will give you highlights for the card. Using one of the floral images from Remarkable You stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s annual catalog, I stamped the flower and leaves twice onto Shimmery White cardstock using a masking technique, applied clear emboss powder and heat set the images. Wild Wasabi, Calypso Coral and Mint Macaron inks were applied with an aqua painter. Card layers include using Basic Black cardstock, Mint Macaron from Color Me Irresistible specialty designer paper and Wild Wasabi cardstock. I masked the sentiment from the stamp set to obtain just the portion that I wished. Don’t you love the dotted lace trim and metal rimmed pearls? A couple of close up pictures…
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping <<< You are here
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Karen Zaring Browning
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Crowley at Expressivley Deb