Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration from which to choose. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
What I love about Stampin’ Up!’s catalog is the varied selection of inspiration for the stamp images and coordinating products found on each page! I will regularly CASE projects after the release of a new catalog. It helps me get a feel for the new products, especially the embellishments and new tools. This card was CASE’d using the Affectionately Yours Suite from the annual catalog, page 44. It uses a sentiment from the stamp set Love & Affection. I chose this card for two reasons… (1) I don’t often use the small embossing folders; (2) I don’t often use washi tape. In both of these cases, I purchase them… I just forget to use them!
As with most of my CASE’ing, I change up part of the detail. The Floral Affection textured impressions embossing folder is a panel that was placed on a contrasting background panel. This is particularly helpful if you end up with a line impression from the embossing folder’s edge. I bet you can guess that it happened during my pass with the Big Shot. I could have altered my sandwich to lessen that impact with a second piece of cardstock, but why not just use the first piece instead. Just trim the ugly part away!
The second change is my tone on tone card base. A slightly smaller panel of Mint Macaron was textured using the Petal Burst embossing folder. I used the indented side just to show a difference in the textured embossing folder results.
The next thing I want to show you is taking the CASE a step further. I selected a suite from the Occasions catalog and applied the same visual details. This card uses the color palette from the Cool Treats Suite (pages 32 and 33).
Additional Pictures of Both Cards
Let me know if you have any questions regarding the products that I used. Have fun stamping…
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping *** You are here on the blog hop***
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme