Are you ready for Retro Rubber Challenge Blog’s last challenge for 2016? The RRCB #53 color inspiration challenge starts today and will go through December 16th. There will be a holiday break with RRCB #54 challenge starting January 17, 2017. But back to the current challenge. Use the colors from the inspiration photo and link your creation to our gallery over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. We are looking forward to seeing what you do with this challenge, but don’t forget we are asking that you use stamp images older than one year! I chose this year’s Merry Mice images for the main focal point. However, Stampin’ Up! stamp set Season’s Greetings has wonderful sentiments in various fonts and was issued in 2002. I personally did not purchase this set until 2005, luckily, since it retired in 2006.
Merry Mice Card Details
- Stamp Sets: Merry Mice, Season’s Greetings
- Papers: Shimmery White, Sahara Sand, Garden Green cardstocks; Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper; Real Red Foil Paper
- Inks: Versafine Black pigment ink, Real Red classic ink
- Copics: G05, G09; YG61, YG63, YG67; Y28; C2; E51, E53, E55; R24, R29
- Tools: Clear Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Layering Ovals Framelits; Stitched Framelits
- Accessories: Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine, 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon (sneak peek from the Occasions catalog)
I will have another Merry Mice card to share with you tomorrow. This stamp set will be retiring this month so, if you don’t have it, don’t wait too long… That is true of the Fancy Frost paper and the Candy Cane Lane baker’s twine as well.
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB # 53 color inspiration challenge starts today and ends on December 16th. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,