We have another challenge at Retro Rubber starting today. It is “Anything Goes.” I used a Stampin’ Up! set named Always Thankful that was released in the 2011 Holiday catalog. I will be always thankful for the many blessings that I have this day. Yesterday I watched and waited to see if Hurricane Irma would flood my backyard and topple my large hardwoods. My world was ok… just wish others had the same blessings. My youngest miniature schnauzer’s birthday was yesterday. She turned 10 years old. We named her Liberty Bell to remind us of how fragile our freedom can be.
I used seven fairly new Distress Oxide inks to cover watercolor paper, spritzing and drying between layers of color. There are numerous videos showing techniques and steps to obtain the oxidized look that these inks are known for; I won’t go into that detail.
My second card…
The first card shows the negative die cut. The second card contains positive die cuts.
- Stamp Sets: Always Thankful, Labels to Love, Timeless Textures
- Paper: Watercolor paper; Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Peekabo Peach and Baked Brown Sugar (retired) cardstocks.
- Inks: Distress Oxide Inks (Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Walnut Stain), Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso
- Tools: Leaflets Framelits, Everyday Label Punch, Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder
- Accessories: Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Sequin Trim (stash), Twine (stash)
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- One of your stamps must be at least one year old.
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB # 71 sketch challenge starts today and ends on September 22nd. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by! We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,