Are you ready for another Retro Rubber challenge? I hope you are! It’s all about the glorious colors in this “be thankful!” inspiration photo. Pick all or select a limited palette of colors, but don’t forget we are asking that you use a stamp image older than one year! My favorite season is Autumn and one of my most favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. Remembering our blessings with our family and friends and being thankful for all that we have is why I love this holiday. I chose Stampin’ Up! stamps sets Autumn Splendor, issued in the 2009 Holiday catalog, as well as Suite Seasons issued in this year’s Holiday catalog.
The leaf images were stamped onto Glossy cardstock (photo paper is a good substitute) with black Stazon Ink. The swirls of color were applied with a sponge. I love how smooth the sponging is with a glossy surface
Autumn Splendor Card Details
- Stamp Sets: Autumn Splendor, Suite Seasons
- Papers: Glossy White paper; Wild Wasabi, Basic Black and Very Vanilla cardstocks; Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper, Copper Foil
- Inks: Black Stazon, VersaMark, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum
- Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Heat Tool
- Accessories: Copper Emboss powder, Burlap Jute ribbon (retired), Burlap ribbon (annual catalog), Wild Wasabi thick cotton twine (retired), Copper thread
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB # 51 color inspiration challenge starts today and ends on November 18th. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,