I hope your new year has started on a happy and healthy note! For me, the new year not only brings an accounting of the past year’s efforts and the new year’s promises but also my wedding anniversary. More celebration to continue the flurry of holiday festivities! The new Sisterhood of Crafters challenge theme of “Sparkle” along with Stampin’ Up!’s Beauty Abounds Bundle became the inspiration for my anniversary card.
The idea for “Beauty Abounds” came to mind after playing with a stained glass technique on a smaller scale. After some experimentation, I suggest the following order:
Best Order of Placement
- Cut the butterfly arrangement from Butterfly Beauty Thinlits dies from desired cardstock or designer series paper. Save the delicate butterfly inlay for another project. Use the remaining paper outline. This is a good time to add any inked images such as my watermark “bubbles” and silver shimmer paint dots.
- Adhere the background paper to the back of the outline sheet. Using a 6″x 6″ piece of Bermuda Bay glitter paper behind the die cut outline made adding sparkle to the card so very easy!!
- Die cut both butterfly arrangement thinlits from desired corresponding paper. The first thinlit cuts a fuller butterfly body and the second thinlit provides the intricate detailed piece to fit on top of the first thinlit. I was looking for a more masculine color theme for my card so both of these pieces were cut from Night of Navy cardstock.
- Lay the less detailed die inlay on top of the glitter paper snug against the outline and adhere where and as desired. Lay the second detailed die cut on top of the first and also adhere.
- Finish the card. The patterned paper I used was from Stampin’ Up!’s retired Bohemian DSP along with Gray Granite cardstock.
The sentiments came from Flourishing Phrases stamp set. There were several other dies that were used to add detail to this card. They are Wonderful Floral framelits, Rectangle Stitched framelits, and Sunshine Wishes thinlits. In keeping with the masculine theme, the Tin Tile embossing folder added texture to the inside sentiment panel.
I hope you will play along with The Sisterhood of Crafters “Sparkle” challenge theme! We would love to see your sparkly creations!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,