Welcome back to another color challenge at the PPA challenge blog. This week’s Pals Paper Arts color challenge, chosen by talented featured designer Jackie Diediker, was a little difficult. Somehow, the Wisteria Wonder with Daffodil Delight just did not jive for me. I put it down to the brightness of the Daffodil Delight, so I compromised a bit with my card.
This card does not have a rubber stamp image at all… did you notice? With the large butterfly from Butterflies Thinlits, available in the 2015-2016 Stampin’ Up! annual catalog, the card size finished at 5″ by 6″. And I just did not see a great place to put a sentiment. No worries, it gives me an opportunity to decide on it later.
- Shimmery White cardstock was sponged with Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight inks. The sponged cardstock was die cut using the largest Butterflies Thinlit. I loved the mixing of colors in the butterfly shape!
- I did die cut a sunburst from Daffodil Delight cardstock, but wasn’t happy with the really bright color of it. Then a sunburst was die cut from photo paper. Using the ink pad itself, I dragged the ink across the sunburst and wiped with a paper towel. Then a second layer was applied and wiped. Love the more subtle look of the Daffodil Delight inked sunburst at that point.
- The layer underneath the sunburst is Pool Party cardstock that has been dry embossed with Fluttering TIEFolder. There are stampin’ dimensions underneath the butterfly as well as the sunburst. The Pool Party layer was adhered to Wisteria Wonder cardstock so that only 1/8″ of the WW color was visible on each side. Heavy Whisper White cardstock was scored on each side to frame the final butterfly panel.
- Additional details include the WW seam binding ribbon, a metal rimmed pearl and gold thread looped behind the butterfly. Finally the butterfly received a coating of Wink of Stella even though the Shimmery White cardstock also had provided some shimmer… just wanted more of the shine!
- The odd shape required a specially made envelope which was a cinch using our Envelope board and a 9×9″ piece of Pool Party designer paper.
Hope you like my card this week. Please leave me a comment especially if you have any questions. Now, would you like to play along with the PPA this week? Have you been by the challenge blog to see all the amazing projects made by my designer team mates? We would love to see you in the gallery. Remember you don’t need a blog to play along. You can choose any public gallery (such as Splitcoaststampers.com or Pinterest.com) but be sure to label your project with PPA 297.
I would like to apologize to the PPA 295 participants, a challenge two weeks ago, for my absence in commenting during that color challenge. If you follow my blog or are a FB friend, you know that I had a very sick dog child. She is doing so much better this week and actually has an appetite. Her surgical staples come out this coming Monday which will be a relief for us as she wants so badly to play ball. That activity must wait until after her post op appointment. We are still in the dark as to what made her so sick but my gut feeling is leaning towards the beginning of an ulcer. She is on a Carafate slurry to coat her stomach, and it seems to be providing the difference of relief. However. I realize we may never know the real specific problem in the end.
Have fun stamping, dear friends,