It’s time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge Blog theme and this one is a sketch… and a very versatile one at that. Thanks, Claire, for your sweet sketch! I actually made a couple of different cards using this sketch and selected my favorite creation. It used the Stampin’ Up! stamp set Because I Care which was introduced in the 2010 annual catalog as a hostess set. I adore hydrangeas and this stamp set will stay in my stash forever.
My color inspiration was provided by the cardstock pack for Blooms & Bliss designer series paper (pg. 173, annual catalog). I selected several papers from Blooms & Bliss DSP for my backdrop layers. The hydrangea was inked in a black pigment ink base and clear embossed. Using Copics, the blossom and leaves were colored with alcohol markers.
- Stamp Sets: Because I Care, Love & Sympathy
- Papers: Mint Macaron, Island Indigo cardstocks; Blooms & Bliss designer series paper
- Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMark
- Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits, Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, Envelope Punch Board
- Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter(on the hydrangea blossoms), Pearl Jewels
- Copics: G00, G02, G03, G05, G07, G09, B0000, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
So, have you been by Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to see all of the great projects provided by my designer teammates? We would love for you to join along with us this week!
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB #45 color challenge starts today and ends on August 26th. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Furthermore, f you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,