Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration to choose from. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. This month I am number 2 in the line-up right after our fabulous leader Mary Fish. The full line-up shown below will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My CASE’d project is from page 30 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2015 – 2016 annual catalog as shown on the right. I knew when I saw this project last summer that I would be CASE’ing it for Valentine’s Day. The neutral colors are perfect for my taste, so I did not change the banner at all! I did, however, add my banner to the Season to Season Wreath project kit that was introduced in the 2015 holiday catalog.
For my second project, what Valentine’s Day would be complete without a basket of chocolate goodies… in this case, yummy brownies.
Please note that I have listed both project details at the very end of this post below the final line-up of participating Pals for this blog hop. You can check on the details later after hopping through the line-up.
When planning for this blog hop, I mentioned the project idea to my sister Debbie Mageed. We decided to piggy back our blog hop posts. She knows that I love to CASE (especially home decor items), and I know that she dislikes to CASE. However, give Debbie an idea and she will run with it (and generally circles around me, LOL). So I am most pleased that Debbie follows me in this blog hop line-up because, now that you have seen my project, she has a stunning one to share with you based on the same general idea. I have posted a snippet for her project on the right. Please click Debbie Mageed @ Secret Stamper to continue with the Pals blog hop with Debbie’s project being next in line.
Thanks for visiting. The full Blog Hop Line-up is below, just in case. After the blog hop Line-up, I have outlined the details for both of my projects. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions regarding my projects. I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Have fun stamping,
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
Banner Project Details:
- Stamp Set: Everything Eleanor, Gorgeous Grunge
- Papers: Typeset Specialty DSP, Whisper White and Crumb Cake cardstock, Gold Glimmer paper
- Inks: VersaMark, Crumb Cake
- Tools: Little Letters Thinlits, 2-1/2″ Circle punch, sponge, black emboss powder, clear emboss powder, tearable sticky strip, glue gun
- Embellishments: 1/8″ gold ribbon, vintage two tone Pink Pirouette 1-1/4″ ribbon, Love Blossoms Embellishment kit
Tips for Assembly
- The medallion stamp image within each circle was heat embossed with black emboss powder using VersaMark ink
- The flourish stamp image on each banner was heat embossed with clear emboss powder using VersaMark ink
- The middle and large flower stamp images alternate being within the medallion just behind the gold letters.
- Sponged Crumb Cake ink lightly around each circle. Also lightly splattered within the circle using splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge.
- 3/4″ strips of Typeset Specialty paper were pleated around each circle.
- Each banner letter was adhered to the 1/8″ gold ribbon using glue gun
Basket Project Details:
- Stamp Set: Everything Eleanor, Bloomin’ Love
- Papers: Love Blossoms DSP stack, Corrugated paper, Whisper White and Crumb Cake cardstock, Metallic Foil doily, Gold gift wrap strips
- Inks: VersaMark, Crumb Cake
- Tools: Berry Basket Bigz L die, Handpicked Framelits, black emboss powder, clear emboss powder, Blushing Bride stampin’ write marker, vintage Blushing Bride smooch
- Embellishments: Love Blossoms Embellishment kit, retired Artisan Embellishment kit
Tips for Assembly
- The three flower stamp images were heat embossed with black emboss powder and fussy cut. The large “apothecary” stamp image was stamped with crumb cake ink and fussy cut. These were adhered to the top of the metallic doily using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Various hearts were assembled on top of the Handpicked picks and embellished with pearl jewels and bling within the Love Blossoms Embellishment kit.