It’s time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters. This one was chosen by our design team host Debbie and is all about “Friends” and “Friendship”. For my design card, I selected Daisy Lane, a great floral stamp set by Stampin’ Up!. It has 5 floral images and 4 sentiments that are wonderful for the times that you want to give a friend/relative a “just because” type of card. The challenge starts today and we do ask that you include either the word “friend” or “friendship” in your submission to our photo gallery! Not too hard, huh?
- Stamp Set: Daisy Lane
- Papers: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake and Purple Posy cardstock; Vellum; Come to Gather Designer Series Paper; Pear Pizzazz Subtle Designer Series Paper
- Inks: Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock
- Tools & Accessories: Stitched Rectangles and Stitched Nesting Labels dies, Daisy punch, Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack, Perennial Essence Floral Center, Dinoroar Enamel Shapes, stash rhinestones
- The large daisy was stamped twice on Purple Posy cardstock… once with Gorgeous Grape ink and the second with Highland Heather;
- The Friend sentiment was stamped onto Vellum, die cut and backed with Crumb Cake cardstock of the same die cut;
- Additional foliage images were stamped onto Vellum, layered against a larger piece of Come to Gather DSP and then framed with Pretty Peacock cardstock;
- Another selection of the Come to Gather DSP was used as the base panel for the inside sentiment;
I also have another card to share with you based on the same theme. This one is self-explanatory and difficult to talk about…
I apologize for the poor picture quality of the card… just could not obtain a good color likeness! The last four months have been difficult on a personal level in that both of my furbabies went to the Rainbow Bridge. Annie on May 31st; Libby just last week on September 19th.
They were my joy and will always be in my heart. Truly best friends in every aspect! Some time soon I will be updating my “Story” page with a gallery of some favorite pictures of both.
I hope to see you in our gallery at The Sisterhood of Crafters this challenge. Have fun stamping,