The Embellished Ornaments stamp set along with the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies caught my fancy as soon as I saw them displayed during the live streaming of Stampin’ Up!’s Inspire, Create, Share convention this past July. This was definitely my first bundle purchase. Why a bundle? The bundled price of both the stamp set and the thinlits is a 27% savings over buying these items separately…
After receiving my preorder shipment, I started to play with the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits. Since I had also preordered the Precision Base Plate, it was natural to begin cutting cardstock, glimmer paper and foil paper with the thinlits. I found that a shim was needed to die cut the Delicate Ornament thinlits when using the precision base plate with the multipurpose platform as per Stampin’ Up!’s recommendation. Before the shim, the paper had to be fed three times in the Big Shot. This produced some significant etching on the precision base plate. Once the shim was in place, only one pass was necessary in the Big Shot. Since each Big Shot is slightly different in its tension, be aware that you might need to alter your “sandwich” to obtain good cutting results.
- Stamps: Embellished Ornaments
- Papers: Basic Black & Real Red cardstock, Winter Wonderland designer vellum stack (new), gold foil sheet, red foil sheet (new), black glimmer paper (new)
- Inks: Real Red, VersaMark
- Tools: Delicate Ornament Thinlits (new), Lots of Labels Framelits, clear emboss powder
- Embellishments: Snowflake Elements, White Glitter ribbon (new), Gold cording trim (new), Iced Rhinestones embellishments (new)
To alter the color of the Snowflake element, a gold pen and crystal effects were used. Did you notice the “versamark” image within the inside sentiment?
I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek of the upcoming holiday catalog. I understand that many of the demonstrators and customers are starting to receive their paper copy. If you don’t already have a demonstrator and would like a copy, please let me know. The holiday season for 2015 appears to be promising and very festive.
Have fun stamping,