Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes… Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
The new Occasions catalog contains so many wonderful products to help express love and appreciation. The best part is that they can be used in many celebrations such as Valentine’s Day, weddings and anniversaries. I decided on an anniversary card and gift box set.
The paper designs and color combinations from the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack are fun and flirty. I also incorporated many of the accessories found in the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit. I only purchased one of these kits and will be getting more with my next order. All of the elements are great but I especially love the gold foil labels and ombre Calypso Coral ribbon… so elegant!
The gold foil leaves on the card were made from the smallest leaf die in Stylish Stems Framelits. The flowers were made using a four petal shape from a retired punch pack… yes, I still love using my retired products! Did you notice the embossing impression on the card? The folder is called Falling Petals. They remind me of tiny hearts as well as tulips.
Supplies for the Gift Box
- Stamp Sets: That’s the Tag
- Papers: Very Vanilla and So Saffron cardstocks; Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack (Hint: some of the designs have tiny words/phrases… be sure to align accordingly)
- Inks: Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Emerald Envy
- Tools: Timeless Tags Thinlits dies
- Accessories: Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit, Lace Doily (Hint… one side is Very Vanilla, the other side is white), Sprinkles Embellishments from Cool Treats Suite
Additional Pictures of the Gift Box
Supplies for the Card
- Stamp Sets: Falling for You
- Papers: Very Vanilla and Early Espresso cardstocks; Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack, Gold Foil paper
- Inks: VersaMark, Early Espresso
- Tools: Falling Petals textured impressions embossing folder, Stylish Stems Framelits, clear emboss powder
- Accessories: Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit, Whisper White 3/8″ ribbon from the Succulent Garden Suite, Lace Doily, Pearl jewels, White Gift Box
Additional Pictures of the Card
I hope you enjoyed my blog hop project for this month! Please let me know if you have any questions. After taking a holiday break from blogging, I hope you will come back to see me often.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping