This new “Play Ball” challenge is hosted by Vickie for the Sisterhood of Crafters starting today. And, it certainly threw me for a loop (hmmm… basketball???). I don’t have sports-related stamp sets nor did I really have any desire for such. My husband isn’t interested in sports; I did not grow up with brothers; my sisters were not particularly athletic-minded; my military father spent so much time away from home… it just did not feature in my life experiences.
So, I went on a hunt for a stamp set that appeals to me. I found Squidgy Football in the product line from Stampingbella. It is the sentiment “it’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up” that is so wonderful. Apparently, the statement is credited to Vince Lombardi. And, I had to google his name! But this young football guy is so adorable also!
- Stamps: Football Squidgy (Stampingbella*)
- Paper: Tangelo Twist (retired), Night of Navy, Call Me Clover, Basic Gray, and Smoky Slate cardstock; Neutrals designer series paper; Copic friendly cardstock (non-SU)
- Inks: Memento London Fog*, Terracotta Tile, Pear Pizzazz, and VersaMark
- Copics*: C – 0, 2, 6, 8; E – 21, 50, 35, 25, 27; B-60; YG-45; BG-72
- Prismacolor Premier colored pencils*: Nectar, Light Umber, Prussian Green, Pumpkin Orange, Dark Brown, Indigo, Dark Purple, Slate Gray, White
- Tools & Accessories: Football Squidgy “Cut it Out Die” (Stampingbella*), Stitched Nested Labels, Basket Builder dies (retired), Hexagon embossing folder (retired), Staedtler triplus fineliners*, 3/8″ Denim Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder
- Did you notice I used a blue and a green Staedtler triplus liner on the gingham pattern to give more color to the designer paper?
- The grass die is cut from Call Me Clover cardstock, inked with a Pear Pizzazz marker, inked again with VersaMark and clear embossed to give texture
- Then the sentiment is inked in Terracotta Tile and VersaMark inks and clear embossed. But I was surprised by the “brown” color! Perhaps it was helped by the Smoky Slate color of the cardstock.
- Lastly, be aware that the asterisk items listed above are non-Stampin’ Up! products. I do love having a variety of tools at my fingertips!
- The Prismacolor colored pencils were added on top of the Copic to provide additional detail and depth.
Here is a closeup picture of the Football Squidgey!
I am also submitting this card to Make My Monday challenge #101 “For a Guy – Any Age”.
Hopefully, you have “playball” stamp set and/or images that you can use to create a card and play along with The Sisterhood of Crafters this challenge. We love seeing you in our gallery!
Let me know if you have any questions. In the meanwhile,
Have fun stamping,