It’s time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge, and it’s an embellishment challenge. Specifically, you need to use lace, ribbon or twine with your project as well as a stamp image that is older than one year. Since I generally use these items on most of my projects, this was certainly an easy challenge. And, isn’t that the point… to provide a challenge that is fun! Gifts of the Earth stamp set was introduced in Stampin’ Up!’s 2009 Holiday catalog. I purchased Gifts of the Earth because it provided an excellent image to color. And I have colored this main image in watercolors, inks, pencils and, most recently, Copic alcohol markers.
Gifts of the Earth Card Details
- Stamp Set: Gifts of the Earth
- Papers: Shimmery White, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Cajun Craze cardstocks; Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Paper
- Inks: Soft Suede
- Copic Markers: R20, R22, R24, R27, R29, YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18, Y15, Y17, YG61, YG63, YG67, E51, E53, E55, E57, B0000, N0, N3, N5
- Tools: Layering Circles Framelits dies, Lots of Labels framelits dies
- Accessories: Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim; Mint Macaron 3/8″ Sheer Linen Ribbon, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon & threads pulled from the 1-1/4″ burlap ribbon (retired)
Additional Pictures of Gifts of the Earth Card
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB #48 embellishment challenge starts today and ends on October 7th. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,