Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! January is all about making “Art from the Heart,” featuring projects for Valentines Day, Thinking of You, Thank You, Get Well, or Sympathy. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Humming Along stamp set is what this stamper considers “Art from the Heart” potential! It contains large images that provide potential to explore open coloring methods for blending dye inks, alcohol inks, colored pencils, chalks…. you name it! I tried several of the mediums, and my favorite was using colored pencils. I recently acquired a pencil set of Polychromos by Faber-Castell. Don’t get me wrong…. I still love my PrismaColor pencils. But I had heard about the creaminess of Polychromos as well as their vibrant color and wanted to experiment with them. If you have any experiences using Polychromos colored pencils, I would love to hear about them.
I used colors associated with the Happiness Blooms designer series paper, 2019 Occasions catalog, to color my images. The Hummingbird framelits (which can be purchased bundled with the stamp set) make cutting the images a snap. The white panel behind the hummingbird and flower was textured with another framelit die cut from the same bundle. Dot to Dot textured impressions embossing folder finished the panel detail.
The inside card panel showcases the Crackle Paint background stamp and a new sentiment from a Sale-A-Bration stamp set Part of My Story. There you have it…. a plethora of new products from the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure.
More inspiration awaits! My sister Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping is next on the Pals Blog Hop and is sure to have a project to delight you! Also, you can use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s Time to Sale-A-Brate” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Patti MacLeith at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit