Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July. This month we are excited to show off the new 2015 – 2017 Stampin’ Up! In Colors, namely, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. The In Color products include card stock, designer series paper, ribbon and other embellishments. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp, number 1 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
In the search of unusual card folds, I encountered one that intrigued me. However, the cutting and scoring instructions were in metric. Fortunately, our wonderful grid paper has metric measurements on the reverse side!
The inside panels created by the card fold were decorated using the stamp set Awesomely Artistic. All of the cardstock and inks used are the new 2015 In Colors and all of the new In Colors were incorporated in this card. My favorite 2015 In Colors are Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron. But, who knows, maybe that will change as I use the colors.
The card front measures 5 by 6 inches. The Swallowtail background stamp is Tip Top Taupe ink stamped onto Tip Top Taupe cardstock. I love using Whisper White craft ink against neutral cardstock… just so pretty! When I decide the recipient of this card, I will complete the card with an appropriate sentiment from the same stamp set in the lower left area. By the way, Happy Birthday, Everyone is a great hostess stamp set!
Now that you have seen the unusual card fold, if you would like the instructions, please leave me a comment. I will send you information to recreate this card fold.
*** Quick Addendum to this Post*** dated 7/19/2015… Deb Valder has an amazing tutorial (April 2015) for this card fold that yields a 6 x 6″ card instead of my 5 x 6″ card. The youtube is worth a 1000 words… sure wish I had known about this before deciphering the metric measurements!!! http://stampladee.com/how-to-create-a-pop-up-book-card-with-deb-valder. Enjoy!
The next stop is Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie, number 3 on the Pals Blog Hop. Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping << you are here>>
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
- Kimberly Sparks at Stampin’ Daisy
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie