It is time for a new RRCB challenge. The 40th Retro Rubber challenge is a based on this sketch and continues through June 17. I went through my stash of older rubber stamps and selected a Stampin’ Up! stamp set that was introduced in 2006. It is called “Ocean Commotion” and this is its first inking… can you believe that? In my defense, having this stamp set was not really my idea. I had placed an order through my demonstrator. When it arrived at my house, I discovered Stampin’ Up! had sent me this stamp set instead of another that I had requested. I called my demonstrator who called Stampin’ Up! on my behalf. They shipped the correct stamp set to me immediately and advised that I could keep the other stamp set as well. What fantastic customer service! It may have taken awhile to ink up Ocean Commotion, but I am glad that I did.
- Stamp Set: Ocean Commotion (Do you want a current stamp set suggestion? Try Seaside Shore, page 93 of the 2016 catalog!)
- Papers: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Pool Party cardstocks; Neutrals DSP Stack (envelope)
- Ink: Pigment black ink, Blushing Bride, Pool Party
- Tools: Elegant Dots textured impressions embossing folder, scallop lace doily die (non-SU), Clear emboss powder
- Accessories: White Perfect Accents, Sahara Sand Lace ribbon (retired),
More images from the stamp set were added in the inside panel.
Have you been by Retro Rubber Challenge blog to see the additional inspiration from my teammates? You can access that site here. We would love for you to play along! Please remember the guidelines provided in the rules for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog for each challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or at its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
The primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets many, of which, are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. After all, we purchased them originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. Let’s give them a chance to speak once again. Hope you decide to play. We are looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,