This newest challenge for Retro Rubber is all about “transportation”. There are so many ways to incorporate a theme of transportation into your challenge card. I chose an old fashion mode of travel.. a schooner. This type of travel was more dependent on prevailing winds and ocean currents than the more modern ships. Maps, a compass and an anchor were important equipment. The Stampin’ Up! stamp set “The Open Sea” included these images and was perfect for my card. Yes, we are a Retro Rubber challenge which means your card must include one stamped image that is at least one year old. This stamp set was introduced by Stampin’ Up! in their 2011 Summer mini catalog. The Open Sea must have been popular since it did not retire until May 2016.
“The Open Sea” Card Details
- Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Let’s Get Away
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray and Blue Bayou (retired) cardstocks; Copper Foil Sheet
- Inks: Distress Oxide Inks (non-SU), Early Espresso, VersaMark, Blue Bayou (retired)
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Dies, Scallop punch (retired), Oval punch (retired)
- Accessories: Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape, Mini Gold, Silver and Black Sequin Trims, Pewter Emboss Powder (retired)
I had so much fun making the background panel. After applying the distress oxide inks in multiple layers, I used the Early Espresso ink to add the stamp images. My stash of retired papers and inks came in handy… the Blue Bayou was a perfect match for this card! And I wish you could see the washi tape in person…. it is exquisite. Be sure to get your supply from the current Holiday catalog before it is gone! The three pieces of my “designer” paper (inside the card) were scraps from trimming down my background panel… way too pretty to trash!
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- One of your stamps must be at least one year old.
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB # 72 sketch challenge starts today and ends on October 6th. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by! We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,