It’s time for a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters blog! Terri is hosting this one, and she has chosen the theme “Three B’s (birds, bees butterflies)”. Choose one “B” or any combination of the three! As you can see, my card has butterflies and a bird. I decided to feature a stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s current catalog called Painted Glass. I purchased the bundle (which includes Stained Glass dies) last year. However, this is my first card made with this lovely set of products! But it won’t be my last card! Why did I wait so long to use this stamp set and die bundle?
- First, I used the embossed vellum from Peaceful Glass Designer Vellum designer paper for the focal point. Sadly, it did not carry forward into this year’s catalog.
- Then using a varied selection of Blends (Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol markers), the butterflies, flowers, and leaves were colored on the backside of the vellum.
- Afterward, the vellum panel was backed with a selection from designer series paper Perennial Essence. You barely can see the roses through the “stained glass!”
- Next, the small bird and butterfly images were inked with Gray Flannel Memento, colored with Blends, die-cut and added to the front card panel.
- The card front sentiment is black pigment ink heat set with black emboss powder.
- Lastly, the inside sentiment is from Here’s a Card stamp set newly released this year. It was inked with Pretty Peacock, a new In Color.
- Don’t you still love the stitched rectangle dies?
So, won’t you come on over to The Sisterhood of Crafters to see what my teammates designed to inspire you? We would love you to join our challenge! It starts today and won’t close until June 23rd. See you in our gallery!
Have fun stamping,