Welcome to the Pals September, 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday”.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Pleasant Pheasants stamp set brings to mind all of the wonderful Autumn memories I have had over the years. Autumn is definitely my favorite season. The cool breezes and colorful leaves are like a breath of fresh air after the heat and humidity of summer! This stamp set has several wonderful images for our coloring pleasure. I started with the pheasants and with several different coloring mediums. In the end, I prefer the colored pencil by itself or colored pencil added to a blender pen colored base. Perhaps with enough practice I can appreciate my alcohol pen coloring attempts, but it is pitiful thus far.
Pleasant Pheasants Card #1
This first card is an easel style featuring the sentiment in Pleasant Pheasants. This image was colored only with Prismacolor pencils. The card colors are Blueberry Bush, Old Olive and Sahara Sand. Stitched Seasons thinlits were utilized for the shapes associated with the sentiment. I feel certain you noticed the Tin Tile dynamic textured embossing used with the galvanized metallic paper… it is so lovely when combined with metallic foil papers!! The button is from my stash (a retired Stampin’ Up! accessory) but the 3/16″ braided linen trim is new in our holiday catalog.
Pleasant Pheasants Card #2
This Pleasant Pheasants birthday card is for my Dad. The pheasants image was colored using blender pens with various SU ink colors. Honestly, neither card has any degree of “good” coloring. I will definitely be coloring the images in this stamp set again. Such good practice!! I had to show that the sentiments in the Perennial Birthday stamp set do not have to be paired with pretty flowers. Primary color Blueberry Bushel is combined with Gray Granite, Cajun Craze and Mango Melody. The die cuts utilized Thinlits/Framelits from Stitched Labels, Foliage Frame and the retired Starburst dies. The galvanized buttons are available in this year’s holiday catalog. I love their hammered appearance!
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at StampMeCrafty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping ***** You are here in the Line-up *****
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rachael at Shedeed
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,