This challenge will be our last for 2017. The 2018 challenges will begin mid-January. So I hope you will play along with us the next week. Most everyone will either be making Christmas cards or have had them finished for awhile by now. You have until December 15th to link your traditional colors of Christmas (red, green, white) to our gallery!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s stamp set called Evergreen. It was introduced during the 2012 holidays. Silent Night is my favorite Christmas carole. I loved that this stamp could be overlayed with the Christmas tree images. Using the tree silhouette image and Old Olive ink, the image was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. The silent night image was stamped with black ink and heat emboss with clear powder. I did the same for the sentiments. The sentiment on the card front can be found in Best Gifts, a new holiday release.
Evergreen Card Details
- Stamp Sets: Evergreen, Best Gifts
- Paper: Old Olive, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstocks; Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper
- Inks: Old Olive and Real Red dye inks; Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink
- Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits, Clear embossing powder
- Accessories: 7/8″ Striped ribbon, Real Red enamel shape, Real Red ribbon
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- One of your stamps must be at least one year old.
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB # 77 sketch challenge starts today and ends on December 15th. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by! We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,