Welcome to the September Pals Blog Hop. This month we are showing off our favorite new products from the new Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from the very talented (and a difficult “act” to follow, LOL) Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper, number 8 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Ever since I received a vintage Christmas post card within a frame as a home decor gift from a very close friend, I have loved the idea of providing home decor gifts as such! This stamp set, Partridge & Pear, is perfect for this. Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber? The frame is part of the April 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit for which refills are available if you are a current subscriber to My Paper Pumpkin.
After stamping the image in VersaMark on Very Vanilla cardstock and embossing with Gold emboss powder, I used blendabilities to color my image. My coloring is not very artistic (although I do like the pears) and I point that out because I feel anyone can duplicate my images. Daffodil Delight is the basis for the pears, Old Olive for the leaves, Cherry Cobbler for the berries/fruits, Crumb Cake for the tree/limbs and Night of Navy/Smoky Slate for the partridge. I used the same colors (substituting Real Red and adding gold foil for additional brightness) for matting the print and setting the sentiment and banner. Additional holiday products that might not be so noticeable include the Gold Basic Metal buttons (pg 41) and the Autumn Wooden Elements (pg 46). These were used to establish the banner. Have you ever tried to put the thicker bakers twine into the button holes? Interesting at best! The leaf wooden element was colored with the light Crumb Cake blendability pen. However, my favorite tip for this project involves the leaves on the banner! I took the Old Olive blendability pens and scribbled on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, used the petite petals punch to cut out various colors and then fussy cut to make little leaves… so very cute and sweet!!!
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this project! I will be happy to share additional details with you!
The next stop is Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti, number 10 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
Have fun stamping,
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Katy McGloin at Just fun Stamping <…….. You are here
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Shannon Jaramillo at www.EZPeasyCards.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- September Gray at SeptemberGray.com
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery