Are you ready for another Retro Rubber challenge? I hope you are! It’s all about the glorious colors in this inspiration photo. Pick all or select a limited palette of colors, but don’t forget we are asking that you use a stamp image older than one year! I selected Song Birds stamp set by Stampin’ Up! And, I did not have to check with Splitcoaststampers to determine the age. These stamps contain image stickers with a 2006 issue date. I am not sure when Stampin’ Up! stopped listing the year as part of their image sticker, but it was not long afterwards.
I played with a little watercolor splash on my Shimmery White cardstock hoping for a mottled look. It was actually achieved. This was done by spritzing water on a block of Sahara Sand ink and layering the cardstock on top of it.. Using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink, the bird image and sentiment were inked and then clear embossed. Color was added to the bird image using aqua painters and various ink colors. The sunburst thinlit was used with some very old Mulberry paper that I still have in my stash.
Song Birds Card Details
- Stamp Set: Song Birds
- Papers: Shimmery White, Soft Sky, Peekaboo Peach, Rose Red and Soft Suede cardstocks, Old Olive Mulberry paper (retired)
- Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach
- Tools: Sunburst Thinlit, Layering Circles Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits (retired), Heat Tool
- Accessories: Clear Emboss Powder, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Metallic sequins (stash)
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- The stamp must be at least one year old,
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again. And speaking of retired older sets, please take a look at my retired sets for sale. You just might find something that speaks to you.
RRCB # 50 color inspiration challenge starts today and ends on November 4th. We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
If you have any questions about my project, please let me know by comment or email.
Have fun stamping,