Welcome to the Pals October, 2018 Blog Hop. It’s a spooky time of year so watch out for “Wicked Folds” while you hop from blog to blog. We promise not to be too scary.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This Spooky Sweets Halloween fancy flap card fold was inspired by another card seen on Pinterest. You can see it here at Debbie’s Designs.
What appeals to me the most about this unique card fold? It is seeing the various card panels at the same time. And, it’s especially attractive when using a variety of designer papers or stamp imagery. Subsequently, I used several selections of Toil and Trouble designer series paper along with the circle peekaboo openings and a front V flap cut.
Spooky Sweets Card Details
- Stamp Set: Spooky Sweets
- Paper: Basic Gray and Whisper White Cardstock, Toil & Trouble designer series paper, Black Foil sheets
- Inks: Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate
- Tools & Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits, Stitched Dies Framelits, Spooky Bats Punch
- I adhered all designer series paper to the cut and scored cardstock. Then I die cut the circles through the layers. It did take several passes through the Big Shop to obtain a clean cut.
- I used a belly band to help the card stay closed for giving. You could also use buttons, velcro closures, ribbon, etc depending upon your theme.
I did take notes while assembling this card just so that I could share them with you. However, Debbie does such a good job that I am doubtful they will be necessary. Just let me know if you have any questions regarding this project assembly.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 14, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. November is time for “Anything But a Card” where the Pals will feature creations suitable for holiday gifting. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie at Maggie Made Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Have fun hopping and stamping,