Hey, is it fall style color in your neck of the woods? We finally have some gorgeous color in the Atlanta area! It’s been cool, then warm but not cold yet. I am looking forward to sweater weather! And more leaves on my back deck!! So grab a leaf based retro rubber stamp set and come play along with us. Vintage leaves was introduced in the 2015 snnnul Stampin’ Up! catalog. It also has a coordinating framelit set called Leaflets Framelits. Now, I have to admit, I did not remember the framelits so I fussy cut the leaves after they were colored with pencils. My stamp set is now very prominently marked with that information.
- Stamp Sets: Vintage Leaves, Good Greetings,
- Paper: Watercolor paper, Kraft paper, Rich Razzleberry cardstock; Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP
- Inks: Distress Oxide inks, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake inks ; leaf color provided by Prismacolor wax pencils;
- Tools: Scallop Tag Topper punch, Banner Triple punch, retired oval punch, Woodland textured impressions folder,
- Accessories: retired ribbon and burlap.
I have been taking a colored pencil class over the past several weeks. This past week’s project gave me the color inspiration that I wanted for this challenge.
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- One of your stamps must be at least one year old.
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB # 75 sketch challenge starts today and ends on November 17th. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by! We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,