Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for October 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects feature cards made using wicked folds. What is a “wicked” fold? It is anything other than the standard A2 card fold. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
In July 2015 I posted my first attempt at this Pop-Up Card. You can see that project here. I had spent quite a bit of time coming up with the instructions that provided an overall size of a 6 x 5″ card. In one of the comments for that post, someone mentioned that Deb Valder had produced a video for a 6 x 6″ Pop-up card. I decided to follow her instructions this time around. Deb Valder’s post can be viewed here.
The “wicked” part of the blog hop had lots to do with this being the October project. My project went with a Halloween related theme. Images from both Spooky Fun and Halloween Scares stamp sets were used for both the front and inside of the card. The Halloween Scenes Edgelits made cutting the stamped images a breeze.
Additionally the fun part of this amazing fold is that you can showcase your chosen designer series paper. This year’s holiday paper for Halloween (Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper) is exceptional. It contains lots of fun images that are especially designed for a Halloween card. But it also includes images that can be used for Autumn, Thanksgiving and even general occasion cards. Why is it “specialty” paper? It contains 2 single sided sheets containing silver foil. The back of my card contains one of those prints.
Ready for the Wicked Folds photos?
Although Deb’s video also shows how she does her custom envelope for the Pop-up card, I did not bother with making one. This card is mine and am planning on using it as home decor where it can be viewed from both sides. I hope you will try this fun fold!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Have fun stamping,
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth Fairweather at Beth Fairweather Designs
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping <<< You are here>>>
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts