It has been a lovely break from the normal routine this past month! The holidays have swept in and out… not that my holiday decorations have been put away yet. The coldness of January (yes, even in Atlanta!) allows a certain amount of comfort in the warmth of our home. I would call it winter joy. And it is appropriate that the stamp set that I chose for this challenge is named Winter Joy which I purchased from Penny Black in 2016..
The first Retro Rubber challenge of the 2018 is “white out!” It’s all about using white elements on a white base. You can choose to add one neutral color if desired. Mine is various shades of gray.
- Stamps: Winter Joy by Penny Black (purchased Sept 2016), A Dozen Thoughts by Stampin’ Up! (retired May, 2016)
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Smoky Slate cardstocks; Irresistably Yours designer series paper, retired, Stampin’ Up!
- Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black
- Tools: Bird house die (non-Stampin’ Up!), Beautiful Branches thinlits (retired Stampin’ Up!), Heat Tool
- Accessories: Clear emboss powder; Smoky Slate Gingham ribbon, Whisper White baker’s twine
Guidelines for a Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge entry…
- One of your stamps must be at least one year old.
- You must tell us how long you have had the stamp or its age.
- Do not link your new project to more than 9 additional challenges.
Remember, the primary purpose for this blog challenge is to use and breathe life into our older stash of stamp sets. Many of these are retired and unavailable for purchase except through individuals who wish to sell their retired stamp sets. These stamps were purchased originally because there was something in the set that spoke to our heart. You can give them a chance to speak once again.
RRCB # 78 sketch challenge starts today and ends on January 26th. Have you been by the challenge blog to see my teammates inspiration projects? Come on by! We are so looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have fun stamping,